About the opportunity
A full-time opportunity has become available to join the Cattle JV team based at Rewan Station near Rolleston, Central Queensland. The station runs a large-scale cattle operation with a significant fodder cropping program.
Reporting to the Station Overseer you will be responsible for:
- operating broadacre farming plant and equipment including air-seeder, precision planter, self-propelled spray unit and other farming equipment;
- operating earth moving plant including grader, dozer, bobcat and loader;
- from time to time, operating feed mill plant and equipment, including the preparation and feeding of feedlot rations;
- ongoing maintenance of plant and equipment;
- some cattle work as required, including branding, weighing and drafting; and
- other general farm duties including feeding cattle, checking water, fencing and general farm maintenance.
What you will need to be successful
You will have:
- previous experience operating most of the machinery listed above and sound mechanical knowledge generally;
- the ability to work with limited supervision;
- excellent attention to detail;
- good communication skills and the ability to work cohesively as part of a team; and
- proven ability to keep accurate records and comply with company health and safety standards.
Candidates with a truck licence and chemical users certificate will be highly regarded.
On offer for the successful candidate is an above award salary. The successful candidate will be provided with accommodation on the station and be eligible to participate in the company’s group salary continuance and life insurance plan. The position will require long hours and weekend work at peak times of year, and in return offers excellent career opportunities with a large scale and rapidly expanding agribusiness group.
To apply, forward a covering letter addressing the above criteria and a resume by 31 January 2018. Enquiries can be directed to Mick Millewski on (07) 4984 4585.
Applications are now closed.