About the opportunity
An opportunity has become available to join the Cotton JV team overseeing the cotton and cropping programs at the Lynora Downs property located at the northern end of the Arcadia Valley, near Rolleston in Queensland. Lynora Downs is a 4,880 hectare property with between 600 and 1,300 hectares planted at any one time.
Reporting to the Farm Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Planning to ensure operational farming activities are completed on time;
- Maximising crop production within budget;
- Recording and reporting key data;
- Supervising field staff, contractors and suppliers, developing and maintaining professional relationships;
- Ensuring compliance with company policies and relevant legislation, including health and safety incidents and environmental degradation; and
- Maintaining a positive and friendly culture.
What you will need to be successful
You will have:
- Between 3 – 5+ years of irrigated farming experience, with a focus on cotton production;
- Proven ability to maintain farm machinery and infrastructure such as irrigation pumps etc.;
- Experience leading and motivating personnel; and
- The ability to implement work programs within agreed timeframes.
You will need to have good communication, well-developed organisational and time management skills. You will display your own initiative and be self-directed, reliable, hard-working and honest. These qualities combined with your experience will contribute to your success in this role.
On offer for the successful candidate is a competitive package including on-farm accommodation with a relocation allowance if required. The successful candidate will also be eligible to participate in the company’s group salary continuance and life insurance plan and annual bonus scheme.
To apply, forward a covering letter addressing the above criteria and a resume by 29 December 2017. Enquiries can be directed to Matt Mitchell 0427 219 316.