About the opportunity
An opportunity has become available to join the Cattle JV team overseeing the breeding operations at the Oakland Park station at Croydon in Queensland. Oakland Park station has a carrying capacity of approximately 4,000 breeding cattle and covers 85,000ha. Travel time to Croydon is approximately 30 minutes by vehicle. This role is ideally suited to two people or a couple to ensure ongoing coverage on the station and individual time off work.
You will be responsible for:
- managing livestock to achieve production objectives in terms of calving rates, weight gain, quality and cost objectives;
- managing and cooking for contract mustering teams;
- managing capital expenditure programs designed to improve farm productivity;
- controlling expenses to budget;
- assisting with the preparation of annual forecasts and budgets;
- maintaining production and other farm records;
- ensuring farm maintenance to maintain health standards and animal welfare;
- supervising and ongoing training of staff and contractors; and
- ensuring compliance with company policies and relevant legislation to ensure operations are undertaken safely and the environment is not degraded.
What you will need to be successful
You will have:
- at least 5 years of experience within the beef cattle industry, ideally managing breeding stations;
- a proven track record of high production levels in a similar operation; and
- a proven track record of workplace health and safety leadership and compliance.
You will need to have good written and oral communication, well-developed organisational, time management and sound computer literacy skills. You will display your own initiative and be self-directed, reliable, hard-working and honest. These qualities combined with your experience will contribute to your success in this role.
On offer for the successful candidate/s is a competitive package including accommodation, keep and a vehicle for on-farm use. The successful candidate/s will also be eligible to participate in the company’s group salary continuance and life insurance plan and annual bonus scheme.
To apply, access the following link (https://www.seek.com.au/job/37072084?type=standard) and forward a covering letter addressing the above criteria and a resume by 21 September 2018. Enquiries can be directed to Kristina Smith, David Thomson or Sam Hazzard on (02) 6203 9700.
Applications are now closed.